• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

lucid dreaming

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
i've heard about being able to dream while you are awake, and read some stuff on google about it but i can't quite wrap my head around it. to me lucid dreaming just sounds like someone being delusional, like sometimes ill catch myself drifting off into some bizarre thoughts, or day dreaming. is lucid dreaming like that but more intense? can someone explain to me what its like to experience it first hand?

Lucid dreaming is when you become aware that you are dreaming.. during dreaming.

You are asleep.. you are having a dream.. you realise you are dreaming, and therefore have some conscious control over the dream, if you wish to, that is.. you are now: Lucid Dreaming.

I'll give an example of one of my lucid dreams..

(This was while i was very into lucid dreaming so the possibility that i was dreaming was always popping into my mind)

I was talking to a girlfriend outside the front of my house when i suddenly realised she looked wierd.. i couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then i noticed she was acting wierd.. I then thought "ah this could be a dream" so i looked at my hand (My hands are always VERY fucked up lookin in dreams.. like massive palm, small fingers, some stuck together, and too many!) And sure enough.. it was messed up.. So.. What else can u do? I took off into the sky.. landed.. thought "hmm i wonder what it feels like to go thru solid walls".. and spent the rest of the dream "pushing" myself through solid objects.. which was surprisingly hard to do.. and also feels strange ;)

Falling asleep. and realizing when you are asleep. then you are able to "wake up" and do whatever you want in the dream..
go anywhere you want, morph things, fly, change the scenery and see anyone person you want...
It's very interesting and it takes tons of practice to master..

Many techniques such as having a trigger in your dreams that tells you that you are now asleep and dreaming. Waking up after 6 hours of sleep and staying awake for 90 minutes then going back to sleep works for me.
WILD and MILD are types of techniques I believe..

Here is a GREAT website all about Lucid Dreaming, check it out.
Lucid Dreaming

Sounds crazy and an experience I really want to go through. Mad.

Lucid dreaming is definitely one of my favourite experiences outside of my usual hobbies - amazing exploring your mind, and pushing it places you didn't think yo ucould go...now to do this in REALITY :p

I've only ever experienced this once, and woke up not too long after the realization that I was dreaming. But it is a ridiculously cool phenomenon. It's truly amazing what the human brain can create out of nothing.

It's the subconscious - fantasies, things we want or don't want, things we've experienced in our lives since we were born - a massive ball of mumbo-jumbo swimming around, unleashed in the form of dreams (or visions, when one is tripping <3 )

Last edited:
I had a lucid dream just last night, so vivid and weird. I used to have them all the time when I was younger, but this one I couldn't fly or do anything in and I was just stuck on this square of land with a grass field that had really long blades of grass. Because I was all alone with pretty much nothing I started to feel somewhat worried and covered my eyes wishing the scene to change and then a house appeared next to me along with a forest around the grass field. I walked up to the deck of the house and then a good 20 or so of these funny looking creatures (cartoony orc/hog things) came marching out of the woods towards me and stopped below the deck. Had some argument or something with them that I don't remember and I think I ended up waking up shortly after or it faded into another dream idk.

^ That reminds me of a lucid dream i had which turned into sleep paralysis..

I was with 2 of my friends and 1 just kept saying random weird shit.. i knew i was dreaming but i counlt change it or stop it.. so i tried to wake myself up.. but i couldnt.. so i tried shoutin for my girlfriend who i knew was in the bed with me.. but i then woke up to paralysis.. then normal ;)

I've lucid dreamed a few times, and recently I've been trying to learn to induce them, and I've sort of, almost, succeeded.

First time, I was dreaming and I looked at my hands (I've got into the habit of doing this every hour or so as a test to see if I'm dreaming), they were slightly disfigured, my ring finger was smaller than my pinky. I realized I was dreaming but I sort of panicked and woke up.

Just last night though, I managed to keep lucidity for a decent amount of time. It started when I realized I was dreaming at which point I rubbed my hands together and focused on the feeling of it( I hear this helps to stay in the dream) but I was in bed, I got up, looked around, and everything was like, diagonal. Objects which should have been on the floor were slanted upwards (though they were still on the floor, it's just that the floor was also slanted... don't ask me what I was supposed to be standing on then). Anyway, walked around a bit and after a while I "woke up" and I was back in bed again. I was about to go "well oh fuck", and go back to sleep, but then I looked around and did a reality check again, I was still in the dream. This became a pattern, so I tried putting some clothes on to see if I could use that as a dream test, it worked, the next time I "woke up" I was wearing clothes and quickly realized I was still dreaming again. I tried to do what I usually do in lucid dreams, flying, changing my surroundings, and stuff, but I couldn't do any of it. I ended up just wandering around my house until the dream ended (I don't remember if I woke up or maybe I just skipped into another dream or something).

Maybe if I'm lucky it'll happen again tonight.

Lucid dreaming is great when you're having a pleasant dream and become aware of it and can act, consciously interact with it - it's not much fun during a nightmare when you have no luck trying to change things or stop it :|

I suffer insomnia a lot and when I do sleep it is filled with vivid and lucid dreams - sometimes I waken up exhausted by my epic nocturnal activities. Sleep paralysis and night terrors are particularly disturbing - thankfully I've not had the latter for a while now.

Quality refreshing sleep is such a beautiful thing <3

about 6 years ago i had 2 lucid dreams really close together and they were really cool. I really wanted to learn to induce them but its very difficult and i eventually gave up. But both times i was having a nightmare and it just clicked like this cant be happening and everything would change and i could control the world around me. Both times i just imagined having sex (but i couldnt control what girl would appear) but i would always wake up pretty shortly after. I think my heart rate would start goin to fast. I really wish there was a way to jus simply induce them, that would be the best drug ever. You could do whatever you want

If you want to have these regularly, then there are lots of techniques you can use to enchance your chances of them happening.

For instance, 'reality testing' whereby you look at the watch and say its... 9:30... look away and CONVINCE yourself it will say 10 on the clock when you look back.

After doing this for a few weeks and it becomes a true habit, you will begin doing them in your sleep, only this time the time will have changed and you will realise you are dreaming.

However, it takes a lot of practice as many people become really excited (in a non sexual way :p) when they realise they are dreaming and wake up from the shock of it.

I have read also that melatonin supplementation can be used to help with lucid dreaming :) tho I think it depends where you live as to whether you will be able to procure this or not (it is a banned substance here in the UK).

Lots of info on this site, I used to use it a few years back when i was really into the whole lucid dreaming thing - its pretty awesome. Incidentally, since becoming placed on mirtazapine I have been having them fairly regularly without any effort on my part.

Anyways, heres the a link to the site I used to visit. I hope it helps you out somewhat :)

http://www.ld4all.com/